What is Permeable Nail Polish?
Our unique formulation allows moisture and oxygen to pass through the pores in the polish making it permeable. This makes it kinder to your nails, breathable and more hygienic. Practising Muslim women can wear them whilst performing their ablutions as moisture can pass through the polish to their nails. The Henna Halal polishes are permeable with 2 coats.
Advantages of Henna in Nail Polish
If you have nails that are weak or split easily, henna polish can help. Henna protects your nails due to the Keratin in it which is a protein that strengthens the nails. When you apply the polish directly to the nail bed, it clears and prevents infections and stops any irritations and pains.
7 Free Nail Polish
7 free means the polish doesn’t include the following chemicals: Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Triphenyl Phosphate and Xylene.
Henna Halal Permeability Test
- Place one coat of nail varnish on a small area of paper towel or coffee filter. (Allow to completely dry)
- Place another paper towel underneath to help confirm the results
- Using an eyedropper, place two drops of water in the center of the dried nail varnish (with your fingers, blend for 30 to 60 seconds to mimic the action of you washing your hands)
- Confirm results by checking the bottom of the paper towel and it should be wet/damp. The second piece of paper towel may be damp.
- To see best results comparing this with one of our non-water permeable colours would show the differences (e.g. faster drying and water permeability results)